I want to share with you a good pizza crust recipe i found yesterday on Chef John's website! Well, technically it's Wolfgang Puck's recipe but since i found it on Chef John's website and it was his video that motivated me to give it a try, it'll be "Chef John's pizza recipe" in my head.
This pizza crust is one of those type that is soft and tastes like bread. Think Pizza Hut and you will know which type of crust i'm talking about. Although i personally prefer thin crust pizzas (i'm drooling at the thought of Azzura's pizza), this thick crust pizza recipe is a keeper.
Click here for the link to the video on Chef John's website. It's simple and effortless (almost)!
Here is the recipe and method to make 4 personal sized pizzas:
7g of instant yeast
1 tsp honey
250ml of warm water (around 40 degrees celsius)
360g of all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
some olive oil, plus more for brushing
toppings of your choice
1. Mix yeast, honey and warm water in a bowl. Mix until yeast and honey are dissolved in the water.
2. Add flour (in 3 batches) and salt to the liquid. Mix well.
3. Knead the dough until smooth. Dust more flour onto the dough if the dough becomes sticky. (This will probably take 10 mins. But i sucked at kneading so i took quite awhile. But fret not! Be brave!).
4. Put the smooth dough in an oiled bowl and let it rise till double in size for 30 - 40 minutes.
5. Knock back (deflate the dough), shape it, cut it into the portions you want.
6. Tuck the corners of the dough underneath itself. Shape them into balls.
7. Rest the doughs for 20 minutes.
8. Shape the dough into your desired pizza shape.
9. Add toppings and cheese!
10. Bake at 225 degrees celsius on the low rack for 5 minutes and then on the top rack for 5 minutes.