When Jeanette Winterson asked why women need pain to enjoy sex, I couldn't help but pick up a copy to read. There is such a big woo-haa (mainly all the BDSM) going on with "Fifty Shades of Grey"! A few of my friends who are not in the habit of reading have actually heard about it. The power of BDSM! But really, there isn't much "kinky f**kery" (according to the book) so to speak of. To me, it is alot more like a romance novel (i have only ever read one when i was 12 years old) sprinkled with some "kinky" (in its loosest way) sex. But then again, what makes a good romance novel?
Let me break it down for you on whether you should read this book.
1. If you like romance novels, read it.
2. If you are a Twilight fan, read it. I heard it started off as a fanfic. "Tall, dark and handsome. Impossibly rich." Those are convenient premises to any woman (or man) off her feet.
3. If you are curious about mild kinky f**kery, read it.
4. If you are looking for hardcore kinky f**kery, don't read it.
5. If you are bored, don't read it. Take 50 shades of something else instead...
Ok. Back to cooking this weekend if i can find the elusive ingredients. For once, Sheng Siong doesn't have what i was looking for! May have to go Mustafa soon.