Wednesday 31 October 2012

Paul @ Taka

Teh:

I was with my friend at Paul, the bakery on the 3rd floor of Takashimaya. I got there early enough to avoid queuing too long for a table. There were only 2-3 group of people in front of me and i got seated fairly quickly. It was 12.30pm on a public holiday.

Whenever i walked pass Paul, it was always crowded. After having a meal there, i would say it is decent but certainly not somewhere i will queue to get in. Maybe i didn't eat the right food? I jokingly told my friend Paul is a bakery but we didn't order any bread nor cakes nor tarts.

Paul Bakery @ Takashimaya
I had the Omelette ($14.90) and my friend went for the Salmon Salad ($18.90). The omelette came with turkey ham, sauteed white button mushroom and 2 bits of potato in them. It also came with a side salad full of fancy garden greens. Yes, the expensive type of garden greens. I found the dressing to be too sour. The omelette looked as if it was hastily put together and dished up. Something i would cringe to serve if i were the chef who had with too many orders, hence there was really no time to beautify it and secretly hoped the customer wouldn't think too badly of it. Yup, that probably went through his mind. To be fair, the egg tasted creamy and nice. Pity on the presentation. Apparently they used the same dressing on my friend's Salmon Salad. Although the salmon serving was generous, she found the dressing too sourish for her taste and could not finish the greens that were soaked at the bottom.

Will we be back? Maybe not between 11.30am and 3pm because they do not serve the breads during that timing. Maybe after 3pm on a lazy (or rainy) weekend or weekday afternoon to sip hot tea and have some dessert.


Paul 

391 Orchard Road
#03-16/16A/17 Ngee Ann City
Tel: 68365932

No comments:

Post a Comment