Banana Cupcakes (makes 10)
2tsp baking powder
1tsp baking soda
120g unsalted butter, softened
2 eggs, beaten
200g mashed bananas
4 tbsp milk
1tsp vanilla essence
Method:1) Cream butter and sugar until creamy.
2) Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
3) Add beaten eggs a little at a time into the butter and sugar mix. Incorporate fully.
4) Add vanilla, milk and mashed bananas all together. Whisk to blend in the mixture.
5) Fold in the flour. (Be sure to fold in. No cheating with the whisk. And as usual, don't over mix. Be gentle!)
6) Scoop the mixture into cupcake cups and bake at 180˚C for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. (Which is around the time they have browned nicely on top, unless your oven is too hot then your cupcakes would have burnt by now. Ooops!)