Yesterday i was out at MooJaa (Thai BBQ SteamBoat) @ 25 Keong Siak Road. We decided to check out that place because Tom Yum Kungfu was not open (now i know they are closed on Sundays) and after seeing some positive reviews of MooJaa online. That being said, i must say i was quite disappointed with the food. Maybe because i was thinking Tom Yum Kungfu standard, but MooJaa did not live up to my expectations.
|Thai Ice Tea, Cheese Balls and Fried Fish Skin|
|Placing of ingredients on steamboat|
Half way through eating, i heard a staff telling a new table of customers behind us that they ran out of Kurobuta Pork. There were also other items that were out of stock, e.g. Pork belly, prawn balls etc.
|Moo Kata @ MooJaa|
Unlike at Tom Yum Kungfu, there was no option to buy a pack of tom yum instant noodles to add to the soup for that tom yum taste. Although the place was relatively smoke free (they had those sucking air thingy near the steamboat), my clothes still smelled abit after our meal.
Owners of MooJaa, if you are reading this, I suggest making a few changes (in no particular order) for your consideration:
1) Please marinate all meat.
2) Ensure sliced meat are thin enough.
3) Always have enough food stock.
4) Sell tom yum instant noodles.
5) Always check with the customer what they want to order.
6) Bigger prawns please! More Kurobuta Pork and Angus Beef!
7) Instead of saying the set is not enough for 2 pax, why not suggest we order other a la carte items like your tom yum soup etc for a wider variety of food.
Conclusion: Definitely going back to Tom Yum Kungfu in future.
25 Keong Saik Road S(089132)
Tel: 6536 4780